TAPNA was set up in 2013 with the aim to host an annual conference.
In 2016 the need to establish TAPNA as an incorporated association was recognised and TAPNA Inc was established.
The object of the Society is the promotion of quality care, education and science in poison centres and clinical toxicology.
COUNCIL MEMBERS (2022 – 2024)
- President: Adam Pomerleau, NZ
- President Elect: Katherine Isoardi, QLD
- Immediate Past President: Kerry Hoggett, WA
- Treasurer: Angela Chiew, NSW
- Secretary: Danielle Dean, QLD
- Council Member: Nicole Wright, NSW
- To promote and maintain the highest standards of diagnosis and treatment in the field clinical toxicology.
- To promote communication between members of the Society.
- To promote research related to poison centre service delivery and clinical toxicology by individuals, hospitals, clinics, universities and other institutions and organisations.
- To promote education amongst members
- To promote the interests of persons in poison centres and the field of clinical toxicology.
- The Society shall foster liaisons with other societies with complementary goals.
- To disseminate accurate information about poisons and clinical toxicology management
- To speak and negotiate with outside organisations as the official body representing the medical treatment of poisoning and envenomation in Australia and New Zealand